Tuscany wine school and tours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tuscany wine school and tours

www.tuscanwinesociety.com

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW!!! Tuscan Wine School
Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 9:19 am by daoxiang

» Wine & Food festivals in Tuscany
Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:55 am by daoxiang

» Olive Oil Fraud
Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:03 am by daoxiang

» Ten people driving wine tour on S222
Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 pm by Hal O

» best day of the month long stay
Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:23 pm by pooker1963

» Best day in Italy
Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:00 am by Wisctravelers

» Greatest Wine Tour Ever!!
Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:42 pm by kacord

» Self directed wine touring
Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 am by Rebecca in Tuscany

» Fantastic Tour
Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:10 pm by nifwin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve

Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno Empty
PostSubject: Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno   Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 9:34 pm

We will be spending 5 nights at Il Borro in a few weeks. Besides the local winery run by the Ferragamo family, can you suggest a few different day trips and specific wineries we can take for wine tasting? We don't need a full winery tour at each stop so would like to get to several wineries each day (while respecting the Italian lunch time) comprised of both boutique and established vineyards.

Thanks,

Steve
Back to top Go down
Rebecca in Tuscany
Admin
Rebecca in Tuscany

Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno   Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi Steve,

So sorry I haven’t been able to respond to your post before now. I went on a little vacation to Denmark – for some beer drinking drunken – and have been busy catching up with work upon my return.

You should definitely set up a tour perhaps in the morning at the winery that you are most keen on seeing within each region.

Most other wineries you can visit without an appointment for a quick tasting during the time 10 am to 1 pm and then again from 3 or 4 pm to 7 pm.

In your shoes, I would look into bringing a wine book like for example “vino italiano” by Joseph Bastianich & David Lynch which gives you quick reference of the different wineries as you pass them. The best reference divided in zones would be the Italian Wines 2008 by the Gambero Rosso Editore. If not, another great reference to me is Monty Waldin’s “How to find great wines off the beaten track” which takes you on itineraries in the different regions. I believe you can find these books on Amazon and hopefully you’re in time to get one or more of them.

And then it is just a matter of choosing which areas you would like to visit and to pick between the many wineries in each area - it can be a little overwhelming because there are so many wineries to choose from... Embarassed

In the Arezzo area you have some good wineries to visit such as Tenuta Sette Ponti, Petrolo and Tenimenti d’Alessandro (down by Cortona), just to mention a few.

Back to top Go down
http://www.tuscan-wine-tours.com

Based at Il Borro in San Giustino Valdarno
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tuscany wine school and tours :: wine tour questions & reviews :: Ask questions about wine tours or wine touring Tuscany-
Jump to: