Tuscany wine school and tours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tuscany wine school and tours

www.tuscanwinesociety.com

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW!!! Tuscan Wine School
Self directed wine touring EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 9:19 am by daoxiang

» Wine & Food festivals in Tuscany
Self directed wine touring EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:55 am by daoxiang

» Olive Oil Fraud
Self directed wine touring EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:03 am by daoxiang

» Ten people driving wine tour on S222
Self directed wine touring EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 pm by Hal O

» best day of the month long stay
Self directed wine touring EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:23 pm by pooker1963

» Best day in Italy
Self directed wine touring EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:00 am by Wisctravelers

» Greatest Wine Tour Ever!!
Self directed wine touring EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:42 pm by kacord

» Self directed wine touring
Self directed wine touring EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 am by Rebecca in Tuscany

» Fantastic Tour
Self directed wine touring EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:10 pm by nifwin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Self directed wine touring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jinny Hunter

Self directed wine touring Empty
PostSubject: Self directed wine touring   Self directed wine touring EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:30 am

We're staying at Tavarnelle, Tuscany, for 2 weeks and will rent a car. May 22 - June 5th/2010.

We would like to do our own thing and tour a few wineries. (The wine tours are too expensive for our budget)

Where should we start?

Thanks for your help

Jinny Hunter
Back to top Go down
Rebecca in Tuscany
Admin
Rebecca in Tuscany

Self directed wine touring Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self directed wine touring   Self directed wine touring EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 am

Hi Jinny,
Well, yours is not one of the simple ones to respond to...but, I can definitely give you a generic answer. If you need more details, don't hesitate to post back!
First of all, to prepare your own wine tourin, I would say to do some studying from home, providing that you have the time to do so...
You would need to get ahold of a good wine map of Tuscany to give you an idea of where the interesting regions are, and where to go...
Basically, some basic knowledge of the are would be a good thing... There are several on-line courses you could take (among which I believe Wine Spectator does one on Tuscany) or you could acquire a book on the subject....there are several.
It would then be good to contact individual wineries in the regions that you want to visit. Each winery is different, but appointments made by you would give the message to the winery that you are really interested in visiting them.
You could also try to go as the wind blows, but you are likely to find closed doors or be disappointed in other ways, if no one's in to speak English, or if they happen to be doing something else that day, etc., etc. So I always recommend an appointment done either by a simple phone call or an email. That's the way I wine-travel myself.... Please remember though that still a lot of businesses in Italy are not very prompt with their emailings (as I was not very prompt to answer your post). However, we usually get to things sooner or later, so be patient!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tuscan-wine-tours.com

Self directed wine touring
Page 1 of 1