Tuscany wine school and tours
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tuscany wine school and tours

www.tuscanwinesociety.com

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW!!! Tuscan Wine School
Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 9:19 am by daoxiang

» Wine & Food festivals in Tuscany
Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:55 am by daoxiang

» Olive Oil Fraud
Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:03 am by daoxiang

» Ten people driving wine tour on S222
Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 pm by Hal O

» best day of the month long stay
Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 10:23 pm by pooker1963

» Best day in Italy
Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:00 am by Wisctravelers

» Greatest Wine Tour Ever!!
Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:42 pm by kacord

» Self directed wine touring
Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 am by Rebecca in Tuscany

» Fantastic Tour
Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:10 pm by nifwin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebecca in Tuscany
Admin
Rebecca in Tuscany

Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period Empty
PostSubject: Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period   Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 1:23 pm

This morning I received an email with this question and since it's not the first time I'm being asked I thought it would be a good idea to post on the forum about it.
Here's the letter:

Not sure if you remember me but we met a couple of years when you took me on a wine tasting tour.
I hoping you can help me.
Im looking for some accommodation around the Tuscan region for a couple of months. I would like to stay on a Fattoria around the August September 2008. Maybe you might know someone who has some space or is looking for a boarder?
If not you may have some advise for me of where to look.
PS: What time of year is harvest for sangiovese?
Regards,
F.P.

Harvest time in Tuscany stretches from August for the white grapes well into October for the reds. Exact dates can't be given as the harvest time depends upon the weather and can actually be off by a couple of weeks. However, early fall is a busy period for the wineries and they definitely need all the help they can get. If you come from an EU country it is no problem to go and stay on a farm and help out - in exchange for room & board or a short term contract.
If you are from overseas the question gets more complicated especially if you decide to stay more than 3 months. I highly recommend anyone playing with this idea to go through an organization like for example WWOOF (willing workers on organic farms) who can give you all the right information on how to go about such an adventure. The organization requires a membership, but everything burocratic is handled by them and they get you into contact with wineries that are interested in having people to stay in trade for short work days http://www.wwoof.it/
Back to top Go down
http://www.tuscan-wine-tours.com

Living and working at an Italian winery for a longer period
Page 1 of 1