Tuscany wine school and tours

www.tuscanwinesociety.com

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW!!! Tuscan Wine School
Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:19 am by daoxiang

» Wine & Food festivals in Tuscany
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:55 am by daoxiang

» Olive Oil Fraud
Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:03 am by daoxiang

» Ten people driving wine tour on S222
Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 pm by Hal O

» best day of the month long stay
Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:23 pm by pooker1963

» Best day in Italy
Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:00 am by Wisctravelers

» Greatest Wine Tour Ever!!
Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:42 pm by kacord

» Self directed wine touring
Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 am by Rebecca in Tuscany

» Fantastic Tour
Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:10 pm by nifwin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

Impromptu vs structured wine sightseeing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
richard

PostSubject: Impromptu vs structured wine sightseeing   Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:45 pm

I will be in Florence with 3 others 2 - 7 Oct and then in Perugia 8 - 14 Oct.
I do not know much about wine, but I do know I like drinking Chianti, Nobile di Montepulciano. I like Brunello, but it's too expensive for my taste.

We will have a car on the 8-14th. Can someone suggest a couple of "Do NOT miss THIS" ... there are too many places to see!

I have never traveled in Europe and I am a little intimidated by the laungage ... I would prefer something where we can just show up without a reservation.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca in Tuscany
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Impromptu vs structured wine sightseeing   Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:45 am

Hi Richard,
Sounds like a good trip you have planned there.
If you intend on visiting the wine regions, Chianti Classico would be best to do from Florence. Fortunately for you the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano region is closer to Perugia than Brunello, and why not discover the Umbrian wine regions a bit, so the Torgiano and Montefalco regions. Both produce beautiful wines as well.
You can try and dumb in at wineries, and a lot will receive you. However, try to have a plan of which ones you would like to visit, because a lot of them are not placed down the main roads so usually you need to go a little out of your way to get to the interesting ones. Bigger wineries will usually have a tasting room where they offer tastings either for free or for a fee (usually if you buy the fee is taken off). If you are looking for a proper tour of the facilities of the winery, usually you need to book in advance - however, you might get lucky and drop in at the right time...
So that's my advice. I wish you guys a great trip and hope for you that the weather holds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tuscan-wine-tours.com

Impromptu vs structured wine sightseeing
Page 1 of 1