Tuscany wine school and tours

www.tuscanwinesociety.com

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW!!! Tuscan Wine School
Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:19 am by daoxiang

» Wine & Food festivals in Tuscany
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:55 am by daoxiang

» Olive Oil Fraud
Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:03 am by daoxiang

» Ten people driving wine tour on S222
Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 pm by Hal O

» best day of the month long stay
Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:23 pm by pooker1963

» Best day in Italy
Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:00 am by Wisctravelers

» Greatest Wine Tour Ever!!
Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:42 pm by kacord

» Self directed wine touring
Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 am by Rebecca in Tuscany

» Fantastic Tour
Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:10 pm by nifwin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Share | 

HELP with a short trip!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pinotwinelover

PostSubject: HELP with a short trip!   Fri May 16, 2008 7:45 am

Ok,

I will be arriving at Livorno via a cruise.

I have one day in Tuscany with several options planned I can choose or do something on my own. I have a large wine collection and like Tignanello, Cerbaiona and Sassicaia amongst many others, so my dilema with only 12 hours is how much time I want to spend if any at all tracing down wineries when I have the following choices available to me:

Florence and Pisa with walking tour to Brunelleshci and other spots then to Pisa

Explore Florence on my own after being dropped off in the center town.

Sienna and San Gimigano with walking tour of Sienna and walk on our own in San Gimigano

Bus to Montecarlo and then to wine cellars with tour and food

Trip to Luccchese an Vllea Torrigiani then to Lucca and walking tour of the sites in Lucca

Trip to Lucca after time there on to Pisa with guided tours

Finally The Cingue Terre , Manarola to Riomaggiore and by boat to Vernazza and train back to La Spezia

With my love for wine and local foods the bus to Montecarlo stands out but not sure if the wines there are worth visiting.

Thanks in advance for any guidance with this maze.

Finally I can set something up on my and maybe cram it in that way. Question Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca in Tuscany
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELP with a short trip!   Fri May 16, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi Pinotwinelover,
I can definitely see your dilemma. That is an impressive list of choices affraid

I really think you need to make a choice of what you want to see. The list is long and the areas many. What are you really dying to see or do? Cities or country? Narrow it down a little, because either way you won't see it all in a day!

If the wine region option is most important to you (as it would be for me), go for the organized Montecarlo option - or even better set up a private tour go to the Bolgheri wine region which is South of Livorno and not far away. Bolgheri gives origin to the Sassicaia that you love, Ornellaia, Masseto, Guado al Tasso and Paleo, etc. Set up a tour with a local driver in Livorno or touring company that can help you make reservations in the wineries that you would like to go to.
Or what about the wineries Castello del Terriccio (close to Cecina) that produces Lupicaia or Tua Rita in Suvereto (province of Livorno) that produces Redigaffi???
If your intention is to visit a good wine region and maybe purchase wine to ship home I would stay in the above mentioned wine regions, so on the "Etruscan Coast" as it is also called, so just below Livorno and optimize my time that way.
The region is also very beautiful so it would be a good first taste of Tuscany. And then hopefully you will be back to Tuscany one day to do all the rest...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tuscan-wine-tours.com
pinotwinelover

PostSubject: thanks   Mon May 19, 2008 12:18 am

Your respone is greatly appreciated.

The wine country and countryside are what appeals to me about Tuscany at this time.

I wonder who you recomend for a guide that day?

I did write to a company called, Consorzio Taxi Livorno <info@taxiforcruisers.com> and they had a tour of winery I have not heard of.

This is what they said

From Livorno port to Pisa, to winery Torre a Cenaia where you could make wine tasting and a tour of the farm (www.torreacenaia.it).
2. From Livorno port to Castle of Lari to the winery Torre a Cenaia.
The Castle of Lari is medieval village(http://www.castellodilari.it/english/castle.shtml).
.The price of the Winery are:
Wine tasting 6,00 a each.
Wine tasting and some food product of Tuscany 9,00 Each
Tour In jeep or coches (8 passengers for coaches) with wine tasting 12 each.
Each excursions costs 240 (6 Passengers) and 280 (8 Passengers).

I like the idea of
Bolgheri which you recomended.

Thank you.

Bob
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca in Tuscany
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELP with a short trip!   Tue May 20, 2008 8:32 am

Hi Bob,
Honestly I've never heard of the Torre a Cenaia winery either. I am sure the choice of winery by the taxi company has to do with location.
Why don't you ask them - or another company - what it would cost for you to get a driver for 8 hrs to whichever region you would like. They don't necessarily have to set up the itinerary for you - you can do so yourself.
To get to Bolgheri from Livorno is under one hour's drive and then you can set up your own appointments in wineries that interest you.
My best,
Rebecca
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tuscan-wine-tours.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP with a short trip!   

Back to top Go down

HELP with a short trip!
Page 1 of 1